- 1/4 cup whole chia seed, (makes 1/3 cup ground)
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pink or grey sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grind whole chia seed in coffee/spice grinder. If you do not have a grinder, you can purchase pre-ground chia seed. Use 1/3 cup of ground chia to 2/3 cup of water.
3. In a large bowl mix together ground chia seeds and water. Let it sit for 2-3 minutes while it gels.
4. Once the chia seed gels add the bananas, coconut oil, coconut nectar, pecans and vanilla.
5. In a small bowl combine the coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined and there are no lumps.
7. Drop the batter into lined muffin tins. Bake for about 40 minutes.
Spark your digestion and safely cleanse your body with Julie Daniluk’s book, The Hot Detox Plan: Cleanse Your Body and Heal Your Gut with Warming, Anti-inflammatory Foods.