Almond Butter Banana Pancakes
- Coconut oil for the pan
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- A dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter
Blueberries, Peaches, Maple syrup
1. Put the oats and chia seeds into a food processor or blender and blend until you make a rough flour.
2. Set the flour mixture aside. Add all ingredients through almond milk.
3. Next, slice the bananas and prep the almond butter. I like letting the almond butter sit out for a while so it’s nice and smooth. Add both the bananas and almond butter to the mixture and stir.
4. Grease a flat-bottomed pan with the coconut oil and let it warm up at medium heat for a few minutes until you add the pancakes. Wait until the edges are slightly browned and you see bubbles coming up through the dough to the surface before flipping. This might take a few minutes depending on how hot your pan was when you began cooking.
Carolyn says: I love cooking a full batch of these pancakes on a Sunday, then freezing them for enjoyment over the course of a week. Just reheat over the stove or pop them into the toaster, then head out the door!