Hi Dear Friend,
This week I’m thrilled to introduce you to Dr. Sara Gottfried (in case you didn’t already know about this women’s health champion!). Over the past year, Sara has become a friend and mentor of mine. Before I met Sara, I didn’t fully understand how much stress could throw off my hormone balance and affect my overall health. And I’m guessing that some of my readers are in the same boat. That’s why I filmed this interview for you. I hope our conversation empowers and helps you as much as it’s helped me.
Watch my interview with Dr. Sara Gottfried above or download it here and listen on the go. Note: To download the mp3 file right click (or Ctrl+Click on a Mac) on the link and “Save Link As” to save it to your computer.
Why am I blown away by Sara’s work?
For starters, she’s a Harvard-educated physician, board certified gynecologist, speaker, yoga teacher, wife, and mom of two daughters. She’s also the kind of doctor that makes me cheer—a practitioner who’s getting to the root causes of health issues impacting millions of women. And she’s not throwing pills at her patients’ problems. Instead, Sara is teaching us how to address these challenges with an integrative approach. You know, all the stuff we love at KrisCarr.com—diet, lifestyle, holistic mental and emotional therapies and supplements.
I recently read Sara’s new best-selling book, The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive, and Vitality with The Gottfried Protocol and it really helped my daily wellness plan. With a couple tests and a few simple adjustments, I’m seeing major improvements in my energy levels, which had been less than ideal for a while. In this interview, Sara and I delve into a huge topic for most of us—stress!
Here’s a peek at the questions we covered:
- What’s runaway stress and how does it impact our hormones and health? Take Sara’s free quiz to begin exploring your hormonal health.
- What are some practical ways we can overcome runaway stress? Sara and I share our personal strategies (Sara loves the Inner Balance app).
- What’s the link between cortisol and challenges like depression, moodiness, chronic disease or gaining weight? Find out how Sara and I have measured and improved our cortisol levels.
- What’s public enemy #1 of our well-being? We all need to be aware of this priority and keep it in the forefront of our minds each day…
- What foods reduce stress in the body? You could easily start adding these foods to your diet today.
- How do carbohydrates impact our hormonal health and stress levels? Hint: they’re not your nemesis.
- For a green juice drinking yoga mama in our audience who’s rocking some of these tips already, what’s she NOT thinking about or addressing? You don’t want to miss Sara’s insider tips!
Watch the video above or download it here and listen later. For more information on Sara, her free resources, programs and books, visit her website. Note: To download the mp3 file right click (or Ctrl+Click on a Mac) on the link and “Save Link As” to save it to your computer.
Your turn: I really want to hear about what you’re struggling with when it comes to stress, hormones & your well-being. Comment below with your insights & tips.
Peace & happy hormones,