- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon tahini (or 1/8 cup pine nuts)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup + 1-3 tablespoons plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (little scant) paprika
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil
- Optional: 1 1/2-2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until very, very smooth (start with 1 cup + 1 tablespoon milk).
2. Transfer mixture to a small/medium saucepan, and heat over low/low-medium heat for 5-8 minutes, until mixture is starting to slowly bubble and thicken (stir frequently through heating).
3. To thin sauce slightly, stir in another 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Avoid thickening sauce over high heat (or increasing heat too quickly), since this sauce can scorch easily.
4. Once sauce has thickened, transfer to a serving dish and get dipping!