- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red beet, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon zest, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons chopped raw walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place sweet potato and beet onto a rimmed baking sheet and coat with melted coconut oil; season with sea salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes and beet are tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions.
4. Remove beet and sweet potato from oven; set aside to cool. Thinly slice beets using a sharp knife.
5. In a large bowl, toss cooked quinoa with baked sweet potato, beets and remaining ingredients; gently toss to combine and serve immediately.