- 2/3 cup aquafaba
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup almond milk, depending on thickness of batter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, optional
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, optional
1. Whisk your aquafaba to break it up. It should start to froth up.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the salt and sugar.
3. Stir in the aquafaba, 1/4 cup of almond milk, and coconut oil. The batter should be pourable
and smooth; about the texture of coconut milk. Add more almond milk if needed.
4. Set your stove to medium-high heat. Coat a large pan or skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Let the pan get nice and hot.
5. Once the pan is hot, ladle a 1/4-cup scoop of batter. Immediately use an off-set spatula, the back of a spoon, or simply a rapid swirling motion of the pan to spread the batter out into an even, thin circle.
6. Let the bottom of the crepe start to get golden brown, and flip carefully. The crepe should be ready to flip after about 30 seconds. Cook for another 30 seconds or until both sides are golden.
7. Stack the crepes on top of one another as you cook the rest; this keeps them soft and warm.
8. Optionally, spread the hazelnut spread on a center third of each crepe. Fold over twice into a triangular wedge and top with chopped strawberries.