- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of tamari or low-sodium organic soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 clean one-pint canning jar
- 1 1/2 cups of grated or chopped carrot
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked organic edamame
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, etc.)
- 6 cups of chopped kale
- 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 clean one-pint canning jars
1. In a canning jar, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Shake well to combine. Allow the dressing to sit for 10 minutes before using.
2. In the 6 remaining canning jars, add 2 tablespoons of dressing per jar. Then add: 1/4 cup of edamame, 1/4 cup of grated carrots, 1/4 cup of seeds and 1/4 cup of diced red pepper. Top each jar with 1 cup of chopped kale and 1 cup of chopped romaine lettuce. Pack ingredients tightly into the jars and screw on the lids.
3. To serve: shake jar well to distribute the dressing and then dump into a bowl and enjoy! If you’d like to eat the salad right out of the jar, add less romaine lettuce. Salad will last up to a week in the fridge.