Mixed Berry Filling
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz) fresh raspberries
- 3-1/2 cups (18 oz) fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder (or organic cornstarch)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup solid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, gently toss together the raspberries, blueberries, maple syrup, arrowroot powder, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Pour berry mixture into a pie plate.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine the almond flour, rolled oats, salt, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Using a fork, work in the solid coconut oil and maple syrup until the topping resembles a coarse meal. Sprinkle evenly on top of the berry mixture.
4. Place the filled pie dish in preheated oven and bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold—alone or with vegan ice cream!