For the dressing:
- 1 clove garlic, microplaned or minced to a paste
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Pinch salt
- Fresh black pepper
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 4 ounces mâche
- 12 ounces strawberries, stems removed, berries quartered
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 10 basil leaves, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
1. To make the dressing, just mix all of the ingredients together in a little bowl.
2. Next, toast the almonds. Preheat a small pan over medium low heat. Toast for about 5 minutes, tossing frequently, until honey brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. To assemble salad, in a large mixing bowl, toss together mâche, strawberries and red onion. Add the dressing, and toss to coat.
4. Top with almonds and basil, and serve!