- About 15 organic mushrooms
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red chili
- 1/4 inch peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- 5 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 5 tablespoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
1. Chop zucchini into small pieces and leave in a bowl with a sprinkle of salt (this is to release the water). Leave for 10 minutes, then squeeze out any excess water.
2. Add the mushrooms, garlic, squeezed zucchini, chili, ginger and cilantro into your Vitamix (or equivalent) and mix until coarsely minced.
3. Spoon the minced vegetable mixture into a bowl, then add the sunflower seeds, almonds and wheat germ into the mixer and mix until size of course breadcrumbs.
4. Add the seeds and nuts mixture to the minced vegetables and then add the tamari/soy sauce.
5. Form into patties and fry them up just like a normal burger.
6. Serve with lettuce, tomatoes and onions and anything else your little heart desires! Delicious!