- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 stalks collard greens, chopped into very small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Fresh oregano and/or fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the greens, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and thyme and sauté for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
2. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid, and cook for 1 to 3 minutes longer, until the greens are the desired consistency.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Reprinted from Simple Recipes for Joy by arrangement with Avery Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, A Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2014, Sharon Gannon.