- 2-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds potatoes of choice, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 32 ounces gluten-free vegetable broth/stock
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour/starch
- 1/2 fresh lime, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- sea salt and pepper, as desired
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Chop all potatoes and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
2. In a medium pot, heat remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and then add onions, garlic and celery, sautéing for about 5 minutes. Slowly add broth. Add tapioca starch and lime juice, stirring thoroughly. Add chili paste and red curry paste, stirring until combined. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer (with lid on pot) for 5-6 minutes.
3. While soup is simmering, combine coconut milk and 1 cup roasted potatoes in a high speed blender or food processor. Puree and then add mixture to pot. Add remaining roasted potatoes and simmer for additional 10 minutes, adding salt and pepper, to taste.
NOTES: I used a mix of fingerling and red potatoes, Thai Kitchen Roasted Red Chili Paste, Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste and Taste of Thai Lite Coconut Milk.