- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup grated carrot (approximately 1 medium-large carrot)
- 3/4 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk
- 4-6 pitted Medjool dates, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons raw walnuts
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Grated carrot
- Hemp seeds
- Drizzle of almond butter
1. Pour the buckwheat groats into an airtight container and add 2-3 cups water, or as much as needed to completely cover the groats. Stir in the apple cider vinegar and cover. Soak for at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. Once the buckwheat groats have soaked and softened, strain off the water and rinse thoroughly, making sure to rinse off any gelatinous material that accumulated during soaking.
3. Transfer the groats to a high-powered blender along with the grated carrot, almond milk, dates, raw walnuts, coconut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Blend for approximately 1 minute or to desired smoothness.
4. Pour into 3-4 glasses and add toppings. Enjoy!