- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free, if necessary)
- 2 cups crisp brown rice cereal
- 2 cups puffed kamut
- 2 cups puffed millet
- 2/3 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
3. Heat the wet ingredients in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can heat the wet ingredients in a saucepan, until it just begins to bubble around the edges.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and thoroughly combine. Divide the mixture between the two baking sheets and spread out evenly.
5. Bake the granola for 45 minutes, switching shelves for each sheet (i.e. placing the sheet from the top shelf on the lower shelf and vice versa). Once done, let cool completely before transferring to an air-tight container.