- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 6 ounces Chantenay carrots, halved or quartered if large (you can also use regular carrots chopped into small chunks)*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A few sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Zest and juice of half an orange
- Sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a roasting dish, toss the chickpeas and carrots with the olive oil. Sprinkle liberally with sea salt and the leaves removed from the sprigs of thyme.
3. Cook for approximately 20 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking time. Add the maple syrup, orange juice and zest to the pan and toss well.
4. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender and beginning to brown at edges and the chickpeas are crisp.
5. Assemble in a bowl and add greens of choice, rice, quinoa or other additions you enjoy.
*Note: If using regular carrots, not chantenay, I recommend blanching them before roasting to start the cooking process and prevent everything from drying out when roasted for too long.