- 2 medium artichokes
- 1 (14-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped
- 8 ounces mâche
- 2 heads endive, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 blood oranges, peeled and segmented, to garnish
Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette:
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Trim and discard the stems and remove all the leaves of the artichokes. Cut them in half and remove the furry centers. Steam the artichoke hearts until just tender, 30 minutes, remove from the steamer, and let cool. Cut into quarters and set aside.
2. To make the dressing, combine the avocado, lemon juice, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, water, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings, if necessary.
3. In a large bowl, gently toss the artichokes, hearts of palm, mâche, and endive together. Add the dressing and toss again.
4. To serve, arrange the salad on individual salad plates and garnish with the orange segments.