For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 1/2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh turmeric root
For the salad:
- 2 medium jicama roots, peeled and spiralized or julienned
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch of scallions, trimmed and cut into matchsticks and sliced (white and light green parts)
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced dino or lacinto kale
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
- Hemp seeds
1. To make the dressing: Add the tahini, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and turmeric to a medium bowl. Whisk together for 30-45 seconds. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
2. To assemble the salad: Add the spiralized jicama, orange pepper, red pepper, scallions, purple cabbage, kale and cilantro to a large bowl. Toss to evenly distribute the vegetables.
Divide the vegetables amongst 2-4 large bowls. Drizzle with the dressing and garnish with a lime wedge and hemp seeds, if desired.