- 2 large red potatoes and 2 large purple potatoes (or 4 of one kind)
- A drizzle of your favorite cooking oil (or veggie broth if you are avoiding oil)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
Hemp Almond Parmesan:
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (or more if prefer)
Note: To make this nut free, you can use all hemp seeds. I like to use both purple and red potatoes to add some color to the dish but feel free to use any potatoes you like.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash and cut potatoes into round chip-like pieces. The thinner they are, the crispier they will get. Soak potatoes in a bowl of water for 1-2 hours to remove some of the starchiness (this is optional but will help your chips become crisper). Dry thoroughly, or let air dry.
2. Put pieces in a deep bowl and sprinkle with oil (if using) and maple syrup. Mix to coat.
3. Place hemp seeds, almond meal, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and salt in a food processor, blender or high speed blender and blend until everything is mixed and hemp seeds are in a powder-like form.
4. Place potato rounds on a baking sheet covered with parchment and sprinkle both sides with Hemp Almond Parmesan. Bake for 35-45 minutes, depending on thickness, or until golden brown.
5. Serve with your favorite dip.