I know what you’re thinking: green milk?! It may seem like a nutty idea, but why not infuse your go-to almond milk with a little green goodness? This milk is perfect for sipping, and if you use it in green smoothies, you’ll be doubling up on plant power.
Pro Tip: To make the milk, follow my basic almond milk formula, adding kale and spinach in the blending step. Then you strain and serve as you normally would. The resulting mixture is sweet and creamy, and even though you’ll barely taste the veggies, your body will thank you for them!
- 2 leaves kale, stems removed
- 2 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1 cup almonds, soaked for 8 hours
- 2 to 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups water
1. In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients till totally smooth.
2. Create a large, double layer of cheesecloth and hold it over a large mixing bowl, or hold a nut milk bag over a large mixing bowl. Pour the green milk through the cheesecloth or bag and squeeze thoroughly. You can compost or discard the nut pulp. Transfer the nut milk to an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
Psst… For more delicious juice and smoothie recipes, pick up a copy of Crazy Sexy Juice today, cheers!