For the doughnuts:
- 100 grams (0.4 cups) cashew meal (Grind cashews in a high-speed blender until a flour forms. Do not over blend.)
- 50 grams (0.2 cups) linseed meal
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- About 1 tablespoon grated ginger (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
For the frosting:
- Meat of a young coconut
- 2 tablespoons good quality coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener of choice
- Toppings: cacao nibs and grated almonds
1. Mix the linseed with the water and let sit for 1-2 minutes until it thickens.
2. Mix cashew meal with chia seeds, lemon zest, ginger and turmeric.
3. Add the linseed water mix to the rest of the ingredients and mix by hand until you have a sticky ‘dough’.
4. Roll pieces of dough into balls, slightly flatten them and then make a hole in the middle.
5. Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes before frosting.
6. To make the frosting: Add all the ingredients to a blender and whiz them up until creamy and soft.
7. Refrigerate the frosting for about 10-15 minutes to firm up.
8. Frost the doughnuts and add toppings.
9. Best served chilled. Enjoy!