- 1 ¾ cups of black beans
- 2.5 tablespoons of flax meal
- 6 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- ¾ cup of cacao powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ cup of walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
3. Rinse and thoroughly drain your black beans.
4. Pulse flax meal and water in your food processor bowl until combined and set aside.
5. Add in remaining ingredients (excluding walnuts) and pulse until mix is nice and smooth.
6. If the batter appears too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water and pulse again.
7. Split the mix evenly between the muffin holes and sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan.
9. When cool, remove from pan and enjoy served with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.