- 1 medium head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper ground
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- A handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Start by washing and chopping the cauliflower florets off the stem. Add them to the food processor as you go, then pulse the food processor to create the “rice”. This works best if you pulse 1/2 of the cauliflower at a time so the cauliflower rice doesn’t clump up. Be sure to pulse the processor instead of blending, so you get coarse grains of cauliflower rather than a puree.
2. Take a large sauté pan and heat the oil over medium for about a minute before adding the white onion to the pan. Sauté onions with the sea salt until they become slightly translucent, then add the cauliflower.
3. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes, or until the cauliflower begins to wilt before adding the turmeric and cayenne.
4. Stir to combine the rice with the spices and watch the mixture turn a gorgeous golden color.
5. Toss in the lemon and a bit of chopped cilantro to garnish and serve it on up! This dish is delicious both hot and cold, so you’ve got lots of options.