Hey, gorgeous, I bet I’m not the first person to tell you about acai, a super berry that hails from South and Central America. Acai is full of powerful antioxidants, as well as complete proteins. Unfortunately, a lot of the commercial juices and bottled beverages that feature acai are packed with artificial ingredients or sweeteners.
Pro Tip: You can purchase unsweetened acai smoothie packs from the Sambazon brand (just check labels for the unsweetened flavor). Acai has a rich, unusual, and only mildly sweet flavor, so it’s helpful to whirl it up with sweet bananas and berries. I like to use my creamy Brazil nut milk in this smoothie, but commercial nondairy milk is a fine substitute if you don’t have any on hand.
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 pack (50 grams, or 1 3/4 ounces) unsweetened frozen acai pulp
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, packed
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or coconut butter
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao powder
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1 1/2 cups Brazil nut milk or any nondairy milk
- 1 teaspoon spirulina or blue-green algae
1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Blend and serve.
Psst… For more delicious juice and smoothie recipes, pick up a copy of Crazy Sexy Juice today, cheers!