- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pounds (about 2-3) of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 (6-inch) sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 to 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup nondairy creamer or milk
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft (about 4 minutes). Add the garlic and sauté another minute or so.
2. Add the sweet potatoes, rosemary sprigs and vegetable broth. Season with salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sweet potatoes are very tender (about 20 to 25 minutes). Turn off the heat and remove the rosemary.
3. Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth and thick. Add creamer or milk and maple syrup. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper again, if needed. Keep the soup warm over low heat until ready to serve.