- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch asparagus
- 14- or 15-ounce block extra firm tofu (1 block), crumbled
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato halves packed in oil, diced (or dried and softened in water)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped basil
1. Add oil to hot sauté pan. Add onion and reduce heat to medium. Saute until onion is translucent and golden.
2. Add asparagus, crumbled tofu and sun-dried tomatoes and cook on high heat for 3 minutes.
3. Add nutritional yeast, sea salt, tamari, turmeric and black pepper. Continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes. Serve.
Storage tip: Leftover scramble will keep overnight in an airtight container in the fridge. Mhmmm, more for tomorrow!
Make it soy-free: Replace the tofu with 1-1/2 cups (1 can) of cooked chickpeas and substitute coconut aminos (available at health food stores and through online retailers such as Amazon) for the tamari.
Photo Credit: Andrew Scrivani