- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or almond) extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon slivered almonds (or sunflower seeds, if nut allergy)
- 4 tablespoon dried blueberries or cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoon almond butter (or sunflower seed butter, if nut allergy)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare and grease an 8 x 11 baking dish or 6 (2 cup) ramekins with coconut oil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, baking powder and sea salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine almond milk, syrup and extract; add to dry ingredients; mix well. Add cinnamon and mix again.
4. Transfer mixture to prepared ramekins. Sprinkle with slivered almonds and blueberries.
Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove from oven; sprinkle with flax seeds and drizzle with almond butter. Return to the oven for 2 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving. Serve warm.
Amie Valpone’s new book, EATING CLEAN: THE 21-DAY PLAN TO DETOX, FIGHT INFLAMMATION, AND RESET YOUR BODY, is an inspiring journey of healing from a decade of chronic illness with food and functional medicine.