- 1 cup well-cooked chickpeas (RAW option: Use sprouted chickpeas)
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- 1 large OR 2 small avocados
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, roughly chopped
1. Roughly mash the chickpeas in a bowl using a strong fork. I like to leave about half whole.
Stir in garlic, grated carrot, green onion, olive oil, lime juice, tamari, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
2. Slice the avocado(s) in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh from each half with a spoon.
3. Dice the avocado flesh into small cubes. Mash half of the avocado into the chickpea mixture then gently fold in the rest along with the fresh coriander.
4. Spoon the mixture into the empty avocado skins and serve immediately.