- 1/2 package organic tempeh
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
- 2 Romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 3/4 teaspoon caper juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (1 teaspoon)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt + pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the tempeh into thin strips and add to a bowl. Top with maple syrup, tamari, hot sauce and brown rice vinegar and toss to coat.
2. Arrange the tempeh on the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until slightly crispy and golden brown, flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
3. Add the chopped Romaine and cherry tomatoes to a large bowl and set aside.
Lightly toast the quinoa in a dry skillet over medium-low heat until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool while you prepare the dressing.
4. In a blender combine tahini, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, capers, caper juice, mustard, lemon juice, garlic and water to a blender. Blend on high until completely smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
5. Add quinoa to the salad along with the dressing and toss to combine. Serve into bowls or plates and top with tempeh pieces.