- 5-6 carrots
- 1-1.5 cups cherry tomatoes
- handful of fresh basil
- 1/3 cup lentil & chickpea sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple butter (or 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 inch knob of ginger
- 1 turmeric finger
- 1 teaspoon za’atar blend
1. Using a veggie peeler make thin slices of carrot, trying to keep each strip in a long ribbon. Put in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix together the sunflower seed butter, apple cider vinegar, maple butter and water. Stir until combined and smooth.
3. Using a zester or a fine grater, grate the garlic, the ginger and the turmeric over the sauce bowl, stir in the za’atar and mix well.
4. Pour the sauce mixture over the carrots, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and add them to the bowl. Allow the mixture to sit for at least an hour, the flavors will be better the longer they mingle.
5. Shred the basil with a sharp knife or by hand and garnish the top of the dish. Add the chickpea & lentil sprouts before serving.