- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours in hot water, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup grated raw carrot (about 1 small)
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup whole chia seeds
1. Combine all ingredients, except chia seeds, in a high-speed blender. Blend on high for 1 minute until smooth.
2. Pour this mixture into a bowl and whisk in the chia seeds. Whisk every few minutes over the next 30 minutes. (You can go and do something else, just come back and give it a stir now and then.)
3. Once the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid, pour into a glass container, cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Pudding will keep for 1 week or more.