Blueberries aren’t just a delicious way to sweeten your smoothies (and give them a gorgeous, deep blue hue). They’re also powerful brain boosters. In clinical studies, blueberries have been associated with increased cognitive function, including memory improvement, and they may also help to protect your brain from oxidative stress, lessening the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. The omega-3 fatty acids in walnuts are also associated with cognitive protection, and a possible mood lift: omega-3’s are thought to help fight depression. Who knew there could be so much power in your glass? (You did!).
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries, frozen
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk or nondairy milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup kale, leaves only, tightly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1. Wash and prep all ingredients.
2. Blend and serve. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons water at a time to achieve thinner consistency.
Psst… For more delicious juice and smoothie recipes, pick up a copy of Crazy Sexy Juice today, cheers!