For the cashew cream:
- 1.5 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons almond or organic soy milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Sea salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Some chili flakes or powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon coconut blossom sugar or maple syrup
- 2 whole wheat spelt buns (or gluten-free bread of choice)
- 3-4 baby avocados
- Salt flakes
- 1 handful fresh watercress
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dukkah
- Hemp seeds, to taste
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils (optional)
1. For the cashew cream: Add the cashew butter up to and including the coconut blossom sugar in a small bowl and mix with a fork until well combined. If desired, add another spoon of milk to make it smoother.
2. Cut the buns in half and toast either in your toaster or in the oven until golden brown.
3. Equally spread the cashew cream on the 4 pieces of bread.
4. Cut the avocados in half, season with sea salt, cut into thin slices and add on top of the cashew cream.
5. Finish off with a good drizzle of lime, sprinkle the dukkah on top and top off with the fresh watercress.