- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 dried apricots (unsulphured is best)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 whole vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out (substitute 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons dried, unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
1. Line the bottom of an 8×8 square baking dish with a square of parchment or wax paper.
2. Place the almonds, salt, and apricots in a food processor fitted with the S blade. Turn the motor on and process until the mixture is a course meal.
3. Add the vanilla, dates, coconut, and almond butter. Continue processing for about a minute, or until the mixture is sticking together. When you can squeeze a small handful together and it sticks easily, it’s ready.
4. Press the mixture into the prepared baking pan. Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour to allow the bars to firm up. Cut into 12 bar shapes. I like to wrap the bars in wax paper and then keep them in the fridge for when I’m ready to eat.