- 2 cups buckwheat groats
- 1/2 cup carob powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 1/4 cup mulberries
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon spirulina powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup (use more if you are using cacao)
1. Preheat your skillet (I use a cast iron skillet) for 3 minutes.
2. Toast your buckwheat groats on medium heat, mixing to prevent them from burning. This will take 5 minutes. Turn off the heat when the buckwheat turns golden brown and you can smell their aroma.
3. Transfer the toasted buckwheat to a tray or a shallow dish to allow them to cool a bit.
4. Add all the dry ingredients, except the buckwheat, into a big bowl. Add the buckwheat to the dry mixture—give a stir.
5. Add the brown rice syrup and the melted coconut oil to the mixture. Mix well using a big mixing spoon until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
6. Try your instant buckwheat granola and adjust sweetness or dryness, to taste, by adding more brown rice syrup, cacao nibs or carob powder to your liking.