Turmeric in your milk? Are you cray cray? Yes! Don’t tell the other nut milks, but this recipe is my favorite. Once upon a time, the only thing I knew about turmeric was that it had a brilliant yellow-orange color, which makes it a perfect addition to tofu scrambles. But with the right combination of supporting spices and sweetness, this turmeric twist is out of sight. Plus, it contains incredible anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric milk can be served cold or warmed on the stovetop for an after-dinner treat.
- 3 cups almond milk
- 4 ounces coconut milk (full or reduced fat)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder or 1-inch fresh turmeric root, peeled
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Blend all ingredients together in a blender till smooth. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Psst… For more delicious juice and smoothie recipes, pick up a copy of Crazy Sexy Juice today, cheers!