Talk about luxurious. If you could drink cashmere, this is how it would taste. Brazil nuts are an excellent source of selenium, a mineral with strong antioxidant properties. Groovy, no? More important, they make a super creamy and delicious nut milk. I use this one whenever I want a particularly rich flavor and texture.
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, soaked for 4 hours
- 2 to 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or the seeds of 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 4 cups water
1. In a high-speed blender, blend all ingredients till totally smooth.
2. Create a large, double layer of cheesecloth and hold it over a large mixing bowl, or hold a nut milk bag over a large mixing bowl. Pour the Brazil nut milk through the cheesecloth or bag and squeeze thoroughly. You can compost or discard the nut pulp. Transfer the nut milk to an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for about 3 days.
Psst… For more delicious juice and smoothie recipes, pick up a copy of Crazy Sexy Juice today, cheers!