For the fudge:
- 1.5 cups of almond butter
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3-1/2 cup agave/maple syrup (how sweet you like it)
- Pinch of salt
For the chocolate ganache:
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave/maple syrup
- 1 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup pecans (+ a pinch of salt)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Start by making the fudge. Melt the coconut oil and add the almond butter, coconut oil, sweetener and a pinch of salt to a mixing bowl. Mix really well until it’s a smooth silky mixture. Pour into a medium-high sided baking dish, lined with parchment paper. Place in a freezer for around 20 minutes to set, or until the top is solid.
3. Meanwhile, make the chocolate ganache. Put the pecans on a tray and add a pinch of salt. Roast them in the oven for around 10 minutes (checking after 5 minutes to make sure they don’t burn). To make the chocolate, add the melted coconut oil in a bowl with the sweetener and cacao/cocoa powder. Mix quickly until totally smooth.
4. When the fudge is set, add the chocolate on top, spreading evenly. Scatter the pecans on top and place back in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. An hour is ideal, to make sure it really sets. Store in the freezer.