Quick & Easy Travel Tips
Hi Sweet Friends,
I’m often asked how I stay well while traveling, and it’s really quite easy — a little forward thinking and some simple lightweight items that fit in my bag. Jet-setting (or schlepping about) makes us more susceptible to stress, junk food, late nights and germs, which is why it’s super important to take your self-care efforts up a notch and protect your immune system with my travel tips.
Remember when we talked about inflammation? Traveling can make you susceptible to many of its triggers, but it doesn’t have to. In this video, I share a few tips and products that help me (and hopefully you!) stay healthy on the road.
In this Chat & Chew episode, I fill you in on my travel tips …
- My nutrient-packed trail mix recipe, and why I chose these goodies: brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews, goji berries, mulberries and cacao nibs.
- My quick and easy-to-make breakfast staple (all you need to add is hot water!) that helps me rise and shine through the whole day.
- What I reach for when I can’t find fresh green juice.
- How I stay on track with my supplements and the one I rely on to keep the trains (AKA poop) moving!
- Why these three essential oils help me with everything from boosting energy and focus before a speech to keeping me happy and relaxed while flying.
- The travel-sized exercise tool I use to prevent body aches, reduce stress and center my mind — all in the comfort of my hotel room.
- How I get a great night’s sleep in a hotel room.
- The one item that isn’t really health-related, but sure does make me feel and look fabulous …
A list of brands mentioned in the video:
- Nature’s Path Flax Plus Oatmeal
- Amazing Grass Green Powder
- Roam Wellness Pack
- Magnesium Citrate: Bluebonnet or Solaray Cal-Mag Citrate 1:1 ratio (As always, check with your open-minded MD before taking a supplement.)
- Thieves Essential Oil Spray
- Manduka eKO SuperLite Travel Mat
- White noise phone apps:
- Lightning Bug – Sleep Clock
- Music Therapy for Sound Sleep
- Chroma Doze
- White Noise
- Nature Sounds to Sleep
- White Noise
- Sleep Machine
- iRelax Melodies
Bonus tip: I forgot to mention this in the video! Air travel can create congestion. Consider bringing a travel-proof neti pot and a few scoops of neti salt (or sea salt). This handy tool will help clear you up in no time and may also prevent unwanted headaches or fatigue. Hotel remedies rock!
I hope you enjoy the video and that you’ll share your tips for staying healthy and vibrant while traveling in the comments below!
Peace & passports,