RecipesSUBMIT YOUR RECIPE!
Save the Tuna Salad on Rye
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked for a few hours or overnight in water
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked for a few hours or overnight in water
- 1⁄3 cup minced celery
- ¼ cup minced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup pickles, diced (Bubbies Pickles are best)
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- 1 tablespoon minced oregano
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons kelp granules (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Dijon mustard
- 4 pieces whole-grain rye bread, toasted
- 4 to 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
1. Blend the soaked almonds and sunflower seeds in a food processor until finely minced (the finer the better). Transfer into a bowl.
2. Add the celery, onion, pickles, herbs, lemon juice, agave, kelp, salt and pepper to nut/seed mixture and stir thoroughly. Set aside.
3. Spread Dijon mustard on rye bread. Add butter lettuce and tomato.
4. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, scoop a generous helping of “tuna” on each slice of bread.
5. Finish with more black pepper, lettuce and tomato.
Get tasty & nourishing recipes straight to your inbox every week!