For the fries:
- 1 eggplant, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain organic soy or plant-based yogurt of choice
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat or gluten-free seasoned breadcrumbs
For the dip:
- 1 cup unsweetened plain organic soy or plant-based yogurt of choice
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh black pepper, to taste
1. To make the fries: Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Cut the top and bottom off of your eggplant. Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and then into quarters. Next, cut the eggplant quarters into slices roughly 1/4-inches thick. Now cut the eggplant slices into strips, roughly the size of French fries.
3. Combine yogurt, parsley, garlic powder, paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in a large bowl. Toss eggplant fries in yogurt mixture, coating evenly.
4. Place breadcrumbs on a plate and lightly coat eggplant fries with breadcrumbs. Spread out evenly on trays making sure they don’t touch.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Turn halfway during baking to brown evenly. Serve immediately with lemon dill dipping sauce.
6. To make the dip: Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour to chill and allow flavors to combine.