- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup wild rice*
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Warm the oil over medium heat in a heavy-bottomed soup pot. Add the onion and sauté until clear.
2. Add the pecans and rice, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add cranberries, water and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer.
4. Cook with a tight cover for 50 minutes. Makes a festive side dish or can be used to stuff a roasted squash for a main course.
*You can use wild rice solely, or a mix of several rices: brown, black forbidden, wehani and Japonica.