- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock or water
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan panko breadcrumbs or whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegan cheese sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a large skillet, sauté the kale, mushrooms, and onions in a 1/2 cup of water or stock with a cover on for approximately 10 minutes over medium heat or until the vegetables are tender. Drain.
3. In a saucepan, bring the vegetable stock or water to a boil.
4. Add the quinoa, stir, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork.
6. Pour the cheese sauce in with the quinoa and mix. Scoop the quinoa mixture into a casserole dish. Put the kale, mushrooms, and onions on top and mix-in lightly.
7. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.