- 1 cup quinoa (soaked in 1 1/2 cups water overnight or for 7 hours)
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- A handful of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cooked beetroot or 1 cup of cooked squash
- Rocket (arugula) + toasted pine nuts, to garnish
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (if you don’t have this, use 1/4 stock cube)
1. To prepare for this recipe, soak the quinoa and cashews overnight or for a few hours, as advised above.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Drain any of the water left from the soaked quinoa and add to a food processor with the lemon juice, mixed herbs and chili flakes. Process until smooth. Drizzle some olive oil on a cake tin (with a removable base) and spread in the pizza dough, making sure it’s evenly spread. Cook for around 25 minutes.
4. Make the cashew mozzarella by adding the cashews to a food processor with the lemon juice, nutritional yeast and lemon. Season to taste and process until smooth.
5. Remove from the oven and add the sliced mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, dollops of cashew mozzarella, beetroot and pine nuts. Put in the oven for a further 10-15 minutes. While the final bit cooks, toss your rocket (arugula) in a little lemon juice, olive, salt and pepper. When the pizza is done, remove it from the cake tin and top with lots of lovely rocket (arugula).