- 3 pounds of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup date sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1.5-2 cups rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried food-grade rose buds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cold coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Plain coconut yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and trim the strawberries, halving some and leaving others whole.
Toss strawberries, 2 tablespoons of date sugar and the arrowroot starch in a large non-reactive bowl, then transfer to a baking dish.
3. In the same bowl, mix the remaining date sugar, rice flour, baking powder, vanilla powder, crushed rose, salt and coconut oil with your hands, or with a pastry cutter, until mostly combined, adding water to help bring the crumb together.
4. Sprinkle topping over strawberries. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the topping has crisped and begun to brown. The strawberries should be soft and likely bubbling up around the edges.
5. Allow to set and cool for a moment or two before spooning into bowls.
Top with non-dairy yogurt and serve immediately.