- 1 large beet
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan salt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Handful of parsley leaves, stemmed
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place your beet on top of a piece of tin foil or the baking sheet liner of your choice. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and add the sprigs of thyme. Wrap the foil or liner of your choice around the beet so it is completely sealed. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, or until it is fork tender.
3. When the beet is finished roasting, remove from the tinfoil or baking liner of your choice and allow to cool. Once cooled, take a dark colored kitchen towel and rub the skin off the beet. Slice the beet into any shape you desire.
4. In a bowl, combine the lemon juice and minced garlic. Whisk in the same amount of extra virgin olive oil as lemon juice and add a pinch of salt to taste.
5. Place the beet slices on a plate, then liberally drizzle with the vinaigrette. Casually drop parsley leaves on top, sprinkle with lemon zest and enjoy!