- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Heat two cups of water in a saucepan until warm (not scalding hot). Place the dates in a bowl and submerge them with hot water. Allow them to sit for 15-20 minutes.
2. Drain the dates, reserving the soak water. Place them into a blender with 3/4 cup of the soak water, the vanilla, the coconut oil and the salt. Blend them on a high speed until they are very smooth and resemble a sauce. Add more water as needed, until the sauce is thick but pourable (I used a scant cup).
3. Sauce will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.