Almond Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 4 tablespoons wheat free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Serrano chili or Thai chili, stemmed and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 yellow beet, scrubbed and very thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower sprouts or other sprouts
- 4 lettuce leaves, torn
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 24 small basil leaves
- 12 Vietnamese spring roll rice wrappers
1. In a small bowl whisk the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Prepare the vegetables. Slice the beets and radishes very thin (a mandoline is very helpful here).
3. Julienne the carrots, thinly slice the cabbage, tear the lettuce and thinly slice the avocado. Put all the vegetables into separate bowls.
4. Fill a large shallow bowl with hot water.
5. Soak 1 rice paper wrapper at a time in the water for 20 seconds until just pliable.
Spread on a work surface. Put some of the beets, cabbage, sprouts, lettuce, avocado and basil in the middle.
6. When laying out the vegetables, layer different ones on the bottom to give variety in the appearance.
7. Fold the sides inward and tightly roll the wrapper up round the filling.
8.Serve with rolls with the dipping sauce.