- 1 1/4 cup almond flour*
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped**
- 2 teaspoons water, or as needed
1. Combine the flours and dates in a food processor until ground down. Add water starting with 1 teaspoon. Pulse to combine. Add the second teaspoon if needed so that the mixture holds together when pressed.
*Either blanched almond flour (which is what I used) or finely ground almonds (sift to get out the leftover chunks)
**Measure 1/2 cup pitted and then chop.
- 1 1/2 cups well packed, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup coconut milk*
- 9-10 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (what I used) or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1. Puree the dates in a food processor (may have to scrape down a few times).
2. Add the coconut oil, cacao, vanilla and salt. Puree again until smooth. Once the mixture is completely smooth (takes a few minutes), add the oil and process until it’s incorporated.
3. Spread the mixture over the crust.
4. Chill in the fridge for 8-12 hours or in the freezer for 4-6 hours.
5. Drizzle raw chocolate and coconut flakes on top (after chilling). Slice into bars.
*Full fat canned or fresh young coconut pulp blended with water = must be thick. OR thick cashew milk.