- 2 1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups organic whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 6 tablespoons flax meal + 12 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons loosely packed lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/3 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin tins.
2. In a small bowl, combine 6 tablespoons flaxseed meal and 12 tablespoons water, then let sit.
3. In a medium bowl, mix all dry ingredients together.
4. In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients together, adding flaxseed meal mixture last.
5. Slowly mix in dry ingredients to large bowl.
6. Thoroughly combine all ingredients using a mixer or spoon.
7. Scoop into muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes.