Citrus With Pink Pepper:
- 1 orange
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 teaspoons lightly crushed pink pepper
- 1 cup soft big dried figs
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours but preferably overnight
- 1 banana
- 2 small oranges, zest and whole fruit
- 1 small lemon, zest and juice
- 1/3 virgin coconut oil, melted over hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours but preferably overnight
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted over hot water
- 2 tablespoons cacao butter, melted over hot water
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons pure water
- 1/4 real vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon mesquite flour (can be excluded but it’s really tasty AND balances blood sugar)
- 1 teaspoon honey or your favorite natural sweetener
1. Citrus with pink pepper: Peel and slice the oranges, toss together with your pink pepper and let marinate in a bowl while you make the cake.
2. Fig crust: Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until a firm ball of dough has been formed. Press firmly into a 7 inch spring-form pan or a pie plate lined with saran wrap, and put it in the fridge while making the filling.
3. Citrus filling: Turn the shredded coconut into a flour by blending it in a high speed blender or a coffee grinder.
4. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until it’s all really smooth (a food processor won’t make this filling as silky smooth). Now, pour it over the crust and place in freezer until solid (will take about 1.5 hour).
5. Vanilla frosting: Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until you have your sweet silky frosting. Set aside in a bowl at room temperature, and once the cake has set, pour/spread the frosting over the citrus layer.
6. Lastly, add the marinated oranges and ENJOY!